Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Monday, 6 June 2005

'Dancing with the Stars' Travesty

I was shocked last night when Bernice and D'Artangan were voted out, and Tim and Rebecca remained! I'm sure Tim is a very nice guy, and it's nice that the South Island is behind him, but Bernice is a far superior dancer. This is a dancing competition, people!

If Tim and Rebecca can get such poor scores from the judges and still pull through, that means they have a chance of winning the whole competition, which would be terribly unjust. Come on, New Zealand, vote for one of the couples who can dance well (either Norm and Carol-Ann, or Shane and Nerida). This competition should be won on merit, not just popularity.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mr Reasonable said...

'tis getting a lot of blog coverage. Check out Martha at:
http://wandaharland.blogspot.com/

She has some good ideas to spice it up a bit and is one of my favourite blog reads.

11:25 pm  
Blogger kyknoord said...

I don't know the programme, so I'm not too qualified to comment, but popularity inevitably wins out over merit. Human nature, I suppose.

5:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home