Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Tuesday, 17 May 2005

Cut off from the world

Sometime on Sunday night, our phone went dead. When we discovered this on Monday morning and I eventually got hold of Telecom at work, they advised there had been a fault with a cable in our area and the men were working on it. I called them again just before leaving work - they promised it would be fixed by 7pm. The phone has only just been reconnected, at 1pm the following day. It's funny how isolated you feel without connection to the outside world! Were we missing important (or just friendly) calls? What emails were we getting? How weird not to be able to use the internet.

Now we're connected again, thank goodness. Telecom will be paying our bill this month, so I suppose that's a consolation. Their guidelines are so ridiculous: "If you have a fault with your phone, call us on this number." How can I call you when my phone is dead? "If you need a phone, contact us." How can I contact you when I don't have a phone? *shakes head in disillusion*

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having a phone cutoff sounds heavenly. I try to vacation in places that don't have them.

3:16 pm  
Blogger Carlotta said...

Of course it's great not to have a phone when you're holiday - when you're deliberately leaving your normal everyday existence behind.

But when you're right in the middle of organising your everyday world, not having a phone is just inconvenient.

2:09 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home