Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Monday, 25 April 2005

Recipe: Pavlova

Ah, the quintessential Kiwi dessert. Mandatory at Christmas, but perfect for a treat at any time of the year. Here's how you do it:

Beat 4 eggs whites until soft peaks form. I recommend doing this with an electric hand beater, if you want to use your arm afterwards. Gradually add one cup of sugar, beating until dissolved (about eight minutes). Fold in one tablespoon of cornflour into the meringue with one teaspoon of lemon juice or vinegar. The finished pavlova is firm and shiny.

Put greased paper on a large flat tray and make the pavlova as high as the required amount of marshmallow (some people prefer a flat crispy pavlova - but I like my marshmallow!). Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius, then turn off. Leave to cool with the pavlova inside (middle of oven). It should take at least an hour for the oven to cool down, and when it has you have the perfect pavlova!

The most popular toppings are cream and strawberries or kiwifruit, or passionfruit.



Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home