Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Tuesday, 12 April 2005

The Royal Wedding

I have to say that, after watching the proceedings of Charles' wedding, I am feeling something like a little sympathy for Camilla. As she finally stood in front of crowds with her arm linked through the prince's, you could see that she is going to take some time to get used to being legitimately in the spotlight. Her first proper royal wave was hesitant at best, but she looked so happy to see some cheering crowds. At the service of dedication, she was always watching to make sure she was in step with Charles. During parts where he was clearly looked bored, she was upright and attentive. He had to help her find the right place in her prayer book. The fact that she was a little overwhelmed by her new situation made me soften towards her, almost like I would for an underdog.

As for the rest of them, Charles was his usual aristocratic indifference, the Princes were dapper, the Queen had her happy face on and it was a treat to see all the British celebrities in top hats. Hopefully Charles and Camilla will grow old together happily... and let the public have their way by having William be the next king.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home