Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Tuesday, 22 March 2005

"G’day Youse Fullas"

Well that was an original way to start the show, Mr Campbell. I quite liked the new show "Campbell Live". It's certainly a better alternative to the other current affairs on offer, from the technologically challenged Paul Holmes, to the staid "Close Up at 7". John did seem to be quite excited, talking extremely fast about lots of different things at once - but this can be excused in his first show. The topic of the show was controversial enough to provoke interest (Asians who can't drive paying for licences) and I hope that it causes the scam to be fully exposed. Now we have an explanation for why there are so many hopeless drivers out there.

John is such a likeable bloke. His manner is down to earth and he indicated that he wants the viewers to be involved in the show. From having worked at TV3 myself I know he's a great guy in real life too. He's also great at not taking any rubbish from interviewees, though I thought he went a bit easy on the LTSA guy. It was great to see Carol out and about as well. Looking at the future line up on the show's website, I see there's a good mix of interesting but not-too-serious topics ahead. I'll be watching to see how it goes. Apparently it rated reasonably well. Hopefully they give the giants at TVNZ a good run for their money. I mean our money.

Another review

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home