Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Tuesday, 22 March 2005

Well, I did it...

I have accepted a job offer. No more looking in the Sits Vacant... at least until mid-July when the contract finishes (it's a maternity cover position). I actually have to be careful not to drink the water there - three girls in the marketing department got pregnant all at once. No, thank you. I can start on Thursday if I like, to get a day over with before the Easter break. I'm waiting to confirm that until after I've signed the contract, which is being delivered today. What a nervewracking experience. I was on edge for most of yesterday.

That aside, our anniversary break was lovely. The house we rented was great - right on the beach and next to a park. We had a mix of hot sunshine and dramatic thunder storms on the first day, which was quite cool, and then mostly sunshine after that. We had a lovely time swimming, walking and exploring. We also had dinner at probably the best restaurant we'd ever been to... mmm I can still taste dessert. We reinacted some of the things we did when we got together. All in all a very romantic weekend.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home