Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Wednesday, 16 February 2005

Are you there, Naomi?

I'm sorry, but why is Paul Holmes attempting to operate the telephone all by himself on his new show? On both of the occasions that I have tuned in, he has had trouble getting the person on the other end of the line. Either they don't appear at all, or it's a different person. I'm sure the man tonight, to whom Paul responded, "My, that's a deep voice you have, Naomi" will be psychologically scarred (although it was quite amusing to us onlookers).

It's nice that they're trying to make Paul look like he's in control of everything, but he obviously doesn't know how to work it properly. The man would have more credibility if someone else was pushing the buttons (the right ones) for him.

Just a small comment on the content of tonight's last topic - why was Paul interviewing a Maori language publicist on the topic of supermarket staff in Grey Lynn? It hardly seemed appropriate. Surely someone from the supermarket trade would have been better - either from management or someone from the shop floor. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are there that may Maori people in Grey Lynn anyway?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home