Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Saturday, 12 February 2005

What I'm listening to: Coast

This radio station is at 105.4FM. It's great for people like me who are fans of jazz and pop classics. It's kind of a mix between Solid Gold (93.4FM), which plays 60's pop and the old Cool Blue (99.0FM) which was a mix of jazz/blues.

Coast is generally good value. A good mix of jazz (upbeat stuff plus ballads), early pop and musicals. The good thing is that it never has more than 60 seconds of ads at a time. I have however noticed that the breaks are getting more frequent as of late. Another niggle is the very frequent news, sports, and weather (all punctuated with ads). If I want news, I will listen to Newstalk ZB, or any other station. I listen to Coast for the music. The presenters are occasionally annoying too - that's why Cool Blue was so good - no presenters or news! The only other fault is the same thing you get with all radio stations - they do their promo, playing lots of little snippets of songs. You find yourself singing along to the snippets (especially if you've just tuned in at that point in time), and then they switch to another good song. But do you ever hear these high quality songs in the actual play list? Unfortunately not. I'd like to see a greater range of songs from the great artists - you can practically predict what Frank Sinatra song they'll play from a list of 3 - and some Ella Fitzgerald, please!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home