Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Wednesday, 1 June 2005

Exfoliation and all that jazz

I went to a "hen's night" on Saturday. For my American readers, that is similar to a "Bachelorette Party" I think. The bridesmaids had hired out a hotel suite, cooked us a lovely meal and got some beauty therapists in do give us some pampering. I decided to have a facial, something I’ve never done before. The woman began to rub substances on my face and said, “You skin is so dry! When was the last time you exfoliated?” I racked my brain. Then I remembered I had used a face mask at home a few weeks back, so I told her that. But she wasn’t happy with the type of mask. “You need a peel,” she said. A what?

So my question is, does anyone out there actually take this stuff seriously? Does anyone exfoliate their face on a regular basis and notice a positive difference? Is this something you can do at home, and would you want to? I was proud of myself for just using a mask. And hey, I moisturise every day after cleansing. What more do they want? I’m sure that women never used to “peel” their faces and they still got on fine. Do I realise have to add something else to my forever-growing To-do list?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Rainypete said...

You women folk have it rough. We fellas just knock off the obvious dit, some chooes to scrape off any new hair that's shown up overnight, and that's about it. We wear masks at halloween and the only moisturizing we do is on the front lawn with the hose.

3:46 am  
Blogger Blueyes said...

That's no bachelorette party I've been to. We have strippers and games and drinking at all the ones I've been to.


I don't do any of those mudd masks or moisturize my face, just was and go.

5:02 am  
Blogger tomawesome said...

I think you should do everything you can to be beautiful. Look at Paulina Porizkova - she just turned 40 and is HOT

8:38 am  
Blogger landismom said...

I do none of those things. Then again, you could drive a truck through some of my pores, and I'm only in my mid-30s. Let that serve as a cautionary tale.

2:22 pm  
Blogger Stacey said...

I'm absolutely clueless when it comes to that stuff, too. I've used a peel once and my face burned terribly. Never again. :)

4:05 am  
Blogger Michelle said...

You don't need a peel unless you're into pain.

But I do exfoliate every other day [I use noxema with microbeads and vitamin c] to get rid of the dead skin on the surface.

I've found if you take good care of your skin, you need less make-up and it generally feels better.

Give it a try for a month [the exfoliation] and see if it works for you].

10:57 am  
Blogger Bird On A Line said...

I don't do peels, but I do exfoliate with a scrub every other day or so. It really helps the moisterizer sink into the skin because it removes all the dead skin cells that would otherwise block it. :)

12:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home