Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Friday, 9 June 2006

The hardest thing I have ever had to do...

... I did yesterday. I wept as I held and stroked my cat, my dear sweet companion of nearly 15 years. I saw her struggle to breathe; she did not want to eat; and fluid leaked from her eyes. Then I acted on the advice of the vets and walked away to allow them to put her to sleep. I could not believe that I would be responsible for destroying this precious life, but it made logical sense to not have her endure any more suffering. I feel as if nothing will ever be the same.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Rainypete said...

It's always hard when that time comes. My parents had to put their dog down a year or so back and it was toguht. It was tougher to watch it lay there on the floor crying for the weeks leading into it though. I'm sure that it's happier the suffering is over.

11:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home