Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Tuesday, 23 May 2006

Don't blink, but you'll still miss it

The coming weeks will see me do something I've never done before - travelling for work. Next week I'm off to Christchurch and Queenstown, but next month I will be going to Sydney for a one day training session. I've been in Sydney once before - on my way back from Cairns last year. We sat in the airport for a few hours and I saw the tower in Sydney from a distance.

I thought that I might get to see some of the city this time, but alas. I am flying in the night before, will be transferred to the hotel (which is by the airport), go to the training all of the following day (next to hotel), eat and sleep as my body will still be on NZ time and I have no transport, then fly out the next morning. So, no time for even a harbour bridge or opera house sighting. No airpoints either, as I've never flown on an expensive enough flight to earn them before and I don't want to pay the $50 joining fee now. Unless I can swing a business class flight, after which I can get free airpoints membership (the chances of this are, however, low). Anyway. This will be my first overseas trip by myself, as I'm the only NZ person represented at this thing. Hopefully it all goes smoothly.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home