Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Tuesday, 4 April 2006

Sailing off into the ...drizzle

We piled on down to Princes Wharf on Sunday night and hung over the railing next to White, in order to gawk at the Diamond Princess and she departed for her last NZ tour. I've never been on a cruise, and you can put up some pretty good arguments against it: tiny cabins, lurching seas, hidden costs everywhere, only a few hours in each port... but when you see such a grand vessel leaving the wharf in a flurry of waving, trumpet fanfare, and shouted goodbyes, you do think it could be kinda cool. If one had the money for a half-decent cabin, that is. Which one currently doesn't.

So, have you been on a cruise? What was it like? Would you recommend it?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done 2 cruises and enjoyed them very much. Thing I liked most was not having to drive anywhere/struggle with directions each day. I was lucky and was able to afford a balcony room each time - so hard to judge my experiences with what you might get.

My advice - just stop wory and enjoy.

Best wishes

Suzanne

3:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey :-)

I've been on the QEII several times although admittedly not out at sea! I suspect there would have to be some very big waves to make you notice any sort of rolling sensation on a boat that large... it's hard to tell you're on a boat unless you're on deck or can see a window.

Anyway, fingers crossed that the publisher loves your manuscript...

4:56 pm  
Blogger Carlotta said...

Thanks Jillian. I have just about every part of my anatomy crossed. They do say that when you've been rejected it means you're a writer, but I'm not so sure...

2:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home