Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Wednesday, 26 October 2005

Canned wine... what next?



This could only have been thought of by an Australian. Canned wine. And they're openly targetting it at young people, who have no clue that wine is supposed to be sipped from a glass, let alone a can. Surely this can't be a positive development?

Full story here

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

aaI've gotta say it -- that is a travesty!

It sounds utterly American to me. Dumb it down, lower the quality, mass produce it. It's the American way. ;)

I'm no wine expert, but I know a good Chardonnay from a bad!

6:09 am  
Blogger Piltdown Man said...

Yea, funny thing was, the first thought I had was, "that's sound like an American thing!"

As an American, I know we're experts at lowering the common demoninator...
I'm just getting used to (and not very happily, mind you) the trist off caps and phony
corks. This is the last straw...

Pilt

4:06 pm  
Blogger BFuniv said...

As an American, we did have, and may still have canned wine. - but it was worse.

It was wine coolers, soda pop and cheap wine mixed, a party drink with really bad flavor.

Zema anyone?

11:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never thought it would go any lower than wine in a box. Wow?

1:25 pm  
Blogger Rainypete said...

What's next? Wine vendings machines? Insert your coins and get a nice palette scorching Merlot?

4:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home