Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Monday, 22 August 2005

Bear Essentials

In travel news:

* A German travel agent is offering something for the traveller that has everything - teddy bear holiday packages, away from their owners. The teddies spend an action-packed week sightseeing, playing games, and visiting a traditional teddy bears' picnic, followed by a visit to a Munich beer house. Activities can also include fishing, golf, painting and bungee jumping, from GBP68-100... what next?!

* Hikers in Switzerland are being told to sing to avoid being attacked by bears, and they are being given leaflets printed with popular songs. Bears have been extinct in Switzerland for over 100 years, but one was spotted recently, believed to have migrated from Italy. Hikers are being told to continue singing as they go, so the bear is not taken by surprise.

* From Ananova.com.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home