Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Thursday, 13 July 2006

If at first…

A few weeks ago I received the first rejection of my novel from a publisher. Although I had constantly told myself 'it will probably get rejected', nothing could prepare me for the moment I first found out. Sitting at my desk at work, putting on a happy face for mcolleagueses, I felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach. It was just a form letter - we are too busy to comment, we only publish a few titles a year so why we recommend you try these other publishers...

So, moving on. Today my second submission is in the post. Stripping my synopsis down to the 500 words they requested was a struggle (it's still not 500 words, but it's less than a page!). They also only requested a partial rather than the whole thing, so the stakes are lower. Having experienced the first rejection a second one won't surprise me. Have to keep plugging on though, just in case.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Mama Duck said...

*hugs* keep trying, I'm sure you'll get it eventually, I know some of the best writers got hundreds of rejections!

11:32 am  
Blogger Rainypete said...

The raod begins with a single rejection letter. Stephen King had a nail on his wall that he pinned them to, which overflowed. We all knwo where he ended up so keep pluggina way.

1:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home