Truth Universally Acknowledged

The title of this blog is an obvious reference to my favourite author, Jane Austen. My other great inspiration is Ella Fitzgerald. I intend this site to be general musings about things which interest me, and hopefully you as well.

Name:
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

I'm a girl in her twenties living in New Zealand - of Irish and Scottish descent. I'm married to a wonderful guy and we live in a tiny house in the suburbs with a menagerie of soft toys and model aircraft. My main occupations at the moment are attempting to become and author and surviving my day job... wish me luck!


Google
 
Web truthuniversal.blogspot.com

The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (UK)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.co.uk.


The Truth Universally Acknowledged Resource Centre (US)

Browse stuff I like at Amazon.com.

Sunday, 20 November 2005

Recipe: Champion Cheese Muffins (Alison Holst)

These muffins are yummy, easy to make, and becuase of the cheese in them, you add no butter to the mixture. Apparently it makes 12 medium sized muffins - I ended up with 10.

Put 2 cups (200g) grated tasty cheese, 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour*, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 Tbsp sugar and a pinch of cayenne pepper into a large bowl. Mix lightly with your fingers to combine.

In a small container beat 1 egg and 1 cup milk until evenly combined. Pour all the liquid onto the dry ingredients, then fold the two mixtures together, taking care not to overmix.

Spoon the mixture into 12 medium muffin pans, which have been buttered or sprayed with non-stick spray.

Optional toppings: Sprinkle with a little extra cheese and paprika or chilli powder.

Bake at 210 degrees celcius for about 12 minutes, until the muffins spring back when pressed in the middle and are golden brown.

*If you don't have self-raising flour, you can just use ordinary flour and 1 1/2 tsp baking powder.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have mislaid my hard copy of this recipe so always end up googling your blog! I agree with the comment about it making less than 12, so to bulk my cheese muffins out I caramelise a couple of onions and maybe a diced red pepper.

11:24 am  
Blogger Carlotta said...

Great idea! I'll have to try that.

1:56 pm  
Anonymous donna said...

i started making these muffins when my eldest daughter was a newborn,20yrs later they are still a family favourite,add some pineapple pieces delicious.
Donna

4:10 pm  
Anonymous Tash said...

My nan gave me this recipe years ago but I lost my copy :( thanks to your blog I can make them once again! I used to put ham and raw onion in (cooks while muffins cook) also to dress them up you can put cherry tomato halves on top and sprinkle extra cheese on. I have also made these as mini muffins and just reduced the cooking time by about 3-4 mins.

1:32 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just made these and they're awful! Way too much cheese! I don't understand....

7:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home